Visit the Visitor Information Centre at the Australian Kelpie Centre
139 Henty Street, Casterton VIC 3311
Phone: 03 5554 2440
Things to see and do…
- Visit Warrock Homestead. Open by appointment only. Contact Scott on 0417 938 533 – www.warrockhomestead.com.au
- Drive to Mickle Lookout, for fantastic scenic views over Casterton.
- Casterton's main street shopping area - including specialty stores, antique/collectables shops, and eateries.
- Have a picnic, do some fishing or watch the bird life at Ess Lagoon.
- Check out the local art galleries.
- Wander the Old Casterton Cemetery.
- Meander along the Kelpie Walking Trail to view five unique kelpie sculptures, historic parts of Casterton and parkland and reserves. Where you will find the Statue of Jack Gleeson, at Rotary Park.
- Visit the Wilkin Flora and Fauna Reserve and take a picnic, bird watch or admire the wildflowers in season (August- October).
- Keep and eye out for the rare Red Tailed Black Cockatoo-the Olympic mascot for the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- For the younger visitor why not visit our fantastic Skate Park on Murray Street (behind Foodworks).
- Researching your family tree? Casterton and District Historical Society has loads of records available. Contact Cheryl Elmes on 0466 496 947 or email@example.com
Take the time to walk Casterton’s main Street and discover antique and second-hand shops, art and lead light galleries, old & new book shops and an assortment of fashion and specialty stores.Fuel up your vehicle; drop your laundry into the Laundromat and stock up your supplies at our well-stocked supermarket and general stores.
Chat with the locals as you stop for a meal or refreshment in one of our many eateries or country pubs. View all retail shops
Whether you’re after good old pub tucker, fine food & real coffee or just a quick bite, Casterton can satisfy.
Eat in at one of the 2 pubs, restaurant and cafes; take away some fish & chips or a pizza or just stock up your supplies at our local supermarket.
All BBQs are free in Casterton and can be found by the river at Rotary Park, in Island Park and at the Apex Park. View all dining facilities